Refrigeration energy audit
There are many benefits to frequent equipment maintenance carried out by Thermo Tech. In addition to improving reliability, hygiene and longevity your equipment will run more efficiently if maintained regularly.
Did you know that simply by maintaining your refrigeration equipment you can potentially save between 5% and 10% on energy costs?
This saving can be considerable and might even offset the cost of maintenance when you consider commercial refrigeration can account for as much as 50% of a restaurant’s total energy bill.
Ways to Save on Energy Costs:
- Get Thermo Tech to supply and install strip curtains for refrigerated rooms to minimize the amount of hot air entering.
- Do not allow staff to leave refrigerator doors propped open for extended periods of time.
- Remind employees to turn off the lights when they exit the walk-in. Not only do the bulbs waste energy when the refrigerator is empty, the lighting also produces heat which causes the unit to work harder to maintain temperature. In addition, try fluorescent bulbs in the refrigerator. They give off less heat and are more energy efficient.
- Do not to set the holding temperature too low on units because that will overwork the equipment. General produce walk-in refrigerators should be kept between + 2°C and + 4°C and freezers between -20°C and 18°C.
- Make sure all cracks are properly sealed and replace worn gaskets.
- Do not stack anything around the heat exchanger coil; this restricts airflow and decreases the performance of your refrigerator.
- Have the defrost frequency set at minimum requirements for example every four to six hours for 20 to 40 minutes depending on the amount of traffic and the ambient conditions.